<Building Learning Communities Between Remote Classrooms Using Synchronous and Asynchronous Technology>

What?

This group discussed what conditions students in different environments should consider in forming synchronous and asynchronous learning communities. As a teacher of the future, I believe that the online synchronous and asynchronous learning community is an essential part of education. We no longer need streets and places, but we need those places and communities to talk together.

So What?

I looked at synchronous and asynchronous meetings from the point of view of scientific experimentation, and I think the important thing is the application of simulation technology. In order to apply online classes and online discussions to science laboratory activities, it is important for students to conduct experiments through simulations and to share the results through the learning community. In this case, it doesn’t matter whether synchronous or asynchronous.

Now What?

To put this idea into practice, when working as a science teacher, encourage students to simulate online and synchronous and asynchronous discussions, and include those simulations and online discussions as part of their performance assessments. It will allow you to experience higher quality educational technology. I believe that those effort encourages to build learning communities between remote classrooms using synchronous and asynchronous technology.