<OPEN EDUCATIONAL RESOURCES>

Conole, G., & Brown, M. (2018). Reflecting on the Impact of the Open Education Movement. Journal of Learning for Development – JL4D, 5(3). Retrieved from http://jl4d.org/index.php/ejl4d/article/view/314

What?

In this article, I think about who open education is for, and it was found that in distributing open education, it was necessary to think about what to use and its technical capabilities. Open education has economic advantages, diverse learning styles, and a wide range of learners. Furthermore, I learned that many learners can develop on their interaction.

So What?

In this article, I find that the development of open education is blurring the boundaries between teachers, learners, and the educational environment. Furthermore, it was an opportunity to think about how open education should evolve to replace current public education. I could think about whether we should put more emphasis on equality or openness, which is the main topic of open education. Before I talk about open education, I think education is a service for “everyone.” If the above-mentioned open education allows more people to receive the service of education, I believe that open education should be acceptable in any kinds of form.

Now What?

Consider using an E-textbook, one of the OERs. Open education can be developed by the interaction of many learners. In the case of an E-textbook in Korea, it is not a two-way interaction. If students can comment on the use of the E-textbook, and the E-textbook can accept and develop the opinion, it may be a more advanced OER. Further research is needed on how to do that (though a lot of non-professional comments can be changed into Wikipedia …).